Schenck Foods Company is a family owned business committed to giving back to the communities we serve. We strive to improve the lives of our customers, employees, and community members in every way we can.
How to Request a Donation in 4 Steps
- See if you’re eligible
- Make sure your event is at least 5 weeks away
- Request a donation
- If you’re approved, receive your donation!
1. See if you’re eligible
As a small company with limited resources, our goal is to prioritize giving where our donations will have a strong impact. We focus on community-oriented organizations that serve high-need groups.
If you are eligible, make sure you’re submitting your application in time (step 2).
If you are ineligible, you can still submit an application, but be aware we do not often give exceptions.
Your organization is eligible if it falls into one of these categories:
- Community-based food banks
- Emergency food providers
- Organizations supporting children in need
- Organizations supporting individuals and families struggling with addiction
- Support groups for women’s issues and needs
- You are a US-based IRS qualified charitable or 501(c)3 organization
- You provide a program or service available to ALL in the community
- Groups supporting any of the following: political cause, religious organization, endowment, capital campaign, fraternal organizations, an individual, recreation, sports, charter school, bands, choir, animal-related, church group, or an international organization
- Individuals requesting donations for trips, sports sponsorships, pageants, etc.
- Direct donation requests to an organization or institution to support a specific individual with catastrophic health and financial needs
- Individuals soliciting on a behalf of a charity already supported by Schenck Foods
- Advertising in school yearbooks and programs for parties and benefit performances
- Requests for funding outside Schenck Foods’ four-state market area
- Organizations requesting donations for associate incentives or employee recognition events.
- Requests from faith-based agencies for religious purposes; however, we can consider humanitarian aid, such as food for people in need if your church is holding such an event (for example WATTS)
- Professional development seminars and conferences
- Travel expenses for educational or extracurricular activities
- Charitable fundraising efforts and capital campaigns of other businesses
- Discounted gift card programs
- Organizations that are identified more with specific groups of people rather than the general public, such as veterans’ groups, fraternal orders, labor organizations, and entertainment organizations are not eligible
- Organizations that Schenck Foods is in legal or financial conflict with or which connects Schenck Foods to any political party or group
- Organizations providing services primarily to animals
- Organizations whose programs discriminate based on race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, military service/veteran status, disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
2. Make sure your event is at least 5 weeks away
We review request forms every 2 weeks.
We may take up to 2 additional weeks after reviewing your request to contact you.
In all, it may take 4 weeks for us to respond to you. So make sure you submit your request at least 5 weeks prior to your event.
3. Request a donation
If 1) you’re eligible and 2) your event is at least 5 weeks away, fill out this form to request a donation. All of the information is required, and incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Every donation request will receive a response from our office, regardless of whether it was granted or not. Follow up calls and emails are not necessary.
4. Receive your donation
If your request is approved, we will contact you. Our donations are primarily monetary, but when funds are not available, we may offer food products or Schenck Foods Gift Cards and in some cases, we can work to provide you with very competitive prices to purchase goods at Schenck Foods.
Branding – Schenck Foods Gives (SFG)
Schenck Foods Company official logo should be used in any advertising or public relations materials. Specifications will be given regarding colors and sizing.